Standing about 33% of your day is a good amount!
Things to Consider when Standing:
- Do you wear comfortable footwear?
- Do you have an anti-fatigue mat or a footrest to prop your foot up on?
- Do I ease into standing or just go for it?
- Do I still need an ergonomic chair if I invest in a standing desk?
- When I use my desk in standing, is my monitor still at the correct height?
USED CORRECTLY – YOU WILL REAP THE REWARDS:
- Wearing flats or bare feet are essential to being comfortable in standing
- Having an anti-fatigue mat or a footrest can help support your lower back
- Just like exercise, ease into anything new to your routine
(Check with your doctor if you’re unsure if standing is the right option for you)
- Don’t ignore your posture when sitting – Remember when you’re standing, you basically have no support so when it’s time to sit, make sure you have the proper chair
- Consider adding a monitor arm or a monitor riser if you experience neck discomfort when you alternate from sitting to standing postures
KAREN E. LOESING
AGOURA HILLS, CA 91301
4 Tips to Avoid Fatigue in the Office – It’s All About Your Posture!
Ever wonder why sitting in an office chair all day is so exhausting? The...
How To Prevent Muscle Tension At Your Desk
Do your neck and upper back hurt everyday from working at the computer? Is it costing...
Can Better Posture Improve My Overall Health?
The Answer Is A Resounding "YES"! Benefits of Good Posture: Allows for easier...
Working On An Exercise Ball At Your Desk – Good Or Bad?
Exercise balls belong in gyms AND PHYSICAL THERAPY CLINICS, not the workplace! Rarely a week goes...
Tech Neck – It’s a Pain in the Neck!
CHIN UP! We've addressed the issue of "Tech Neck" before, but it seems to be in the...
What’s up with that mouse?
ADVANTAGES OF USING THE "ERGONOMIC" CONTOUR ROLLER MOUSE? 1) Helps eliminate overreaching...
10 Tips for Combating Eye Strain & Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS)
CVS & LCD SCREENS The year 2000 ushered in both a new century and a whole new set...
Proper ergonomics for remote workers
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING FROM HOME: 1) No wasted time on the freeways 2) Being around for...
Are Standing Desks Better For Your Health?
ARE STANDING DESKS THE ONLY OPTION? I would have to say that the vast majority of my ergonomic...
Think Ergonomics is Expensive? How About Workers Comp Claims?!?
That is to say, don’t do anything related to ergonomic organization of your business....